What are the most common causes of sleep related disorders? The answer really depends on the actual disorder that is involved. There are more than 100 sleep related disorders, and an even larger number of causes.
- Insomnia - Insomnia, for instance, can often be caused by excessive stress, depression, poor nutrition, anxiety, certain medications, environmental factors or other underlying health conditions such as pain or disease. Regardless of the cause, there are a number of natural insomnia remedies available. If you or a loved one are suffering from insomnia, it is important to seek assistance in finding the natural insomnia remedy that is appropriate for the particular cause involved in order to achieve the best chances for recovery.
- Sleep Apnea - Sleep apnea is another very common sleep related disorder. Sleep apnea is commonly diagnosed when an individual chronically experiences loud or problematic snoring, interruptions in breathing during sleep, and/ or gasping or choking while asleep. This sleep disorder is perhaps the most serious of all sleep disorders, and can even be life threatening if proper treatment is not initiated. Sleep apnea is typically caused by a blockage in the upper respiratory tract, and can be significantly affected by obesity. Once again, a proper nutritional balance can have a very positive effect when combined with a specialized treatment regimen.
- Narcolepsy - Narcolepsy is said to be caused by a dysfunctional area in the brain that manages sleep. Sufferers of narcolepsy experience uncontrollable bouts of sleep that occur while talking, driving, and performing other tasks. Although researchers have discovered that this particular sleep disorder is typically a genetic malfunction, there are natural sleep disorder remedies that can be effective in the treatment of the disorder as well.
- Restless Leg Syndrome - Restless leg syndrome is perhaps a less distressing type of sleep disorder when compared with the previous, more serious ailments, however it can be very distressing to experience. This syndrome is characterized by agitation and excessive energy in the legs, and cramping which can sometimes be severe, and is generally caused by a malfunction in the nervous system. Since this experience disrupts sleep, it is also classified as a sleep disorder. Natural supplements and a proper treatment plan can often be very effective in relieving the symptoms of this disorder.
- Chronic Illness - Chronic illness such as diabetes, HIV, Alzheimer's disease, Parkinson's disease, arthritis, and multiple sclerosis can often cause a range of sleep related problems, and a number of psychiatric disorders like schizophrenia and depression are often contributing factors also.
- Hormonal Changes - Additionally, hormonal changes like those experienced during pregnancy and menopause can sometimes cause a variety of sleep related issues.
While sleep disorders affect a large number of individuals throughout the world, many people do not recognize the symptoms that may indicate that they are suffering from such. There are numerous types of sleep disorders that can cause minimal to significant complications in a person's life, and each may have it's own set of symptoms. If you suspect that you may be suffering from a sleep disorder, you might wish to evaluate your symptoms so that a personalized treatment plan can be initiated as quickly as possible.
The most common indicators that people who are suffering from a sleep related disorder frequently report, however, include:
Natural Remedy for Insomnia and Sleep Disorders
133 East 58th Street Suite 505
New York, NY 10022
Sleep Disorder Remedies in NYC
If you suffer from insomnia or another sleep related disorder, in addition to being less rested than you would like to be, you might be noticing other displeasing side effects as well, since persistent sleep disorders can cause significant disruption to your daily life, interfere with your job, your schooling, and even your relationships. As a Certified Clinical Nutritionist, I have the experience and capability to help you overcome your sleep disorder with the use of a personalized natural remedies that you won't find in any stores.
-Dr. Frederick Mindel
Symptoms of Sleep Disorders and Insomnia
Sleep disorders are not only aggravating to the person suffering with them, but can cause serious health problems as well if left unchecked. I have found that nutritional balance and a natural treatment plan prove to be extremely effective.
Causes of Sleep Disorders and Insomnia
Free Consulatation for a Natural Remedy for Sleep Disorders and Insomnia
Dr. Frederick Mindel
NYC Certified Clinical Nutritionist
- Having difficulty falling asleep or maintaining sleep during their normal resting hours
- Feeling irritable or agitated
- Waking up feeling drained
- Excessive sleepiness during the time you would normally be awake
- Experience difficulty maintaining alertness when sitting still
- Having difficulty concentrating or focusing
- Noticing slow reaction times
- Being told they appear tired
- Experiencing overactive emotions
- Consuming caffeinated beverages or energy supplements in order to be alert
- Experiencing a lack of energy
- Being told they snore or stop breathing while asleep
- Having frequent headaches
- Experiencing frequent night terrors
- Having a general feeling of poor health
While the most common sleep disorder is insomnia, and there are a number of natural insomnia remedies that are extremely effective in the treatment of this ailment, there are various other sleep related disorders that possess similar symptoms, and a natural insomnia remedy may not be the appropriate course of treatment in these cases. There are, however, other natural remedies that have been proven to be very effective in the treatment of these sleep related disorders.
Millions of Americans suffer from some type of sleep disorder, and that continuous suffering is completely unnecessary in most cases. As a certified Clinical Nutritionist, I have experienced a number of situations with which a nutritional imbalance has had significant impact on a wide range of sleep disorders, and a simple adjustment to the nutritional balance with the addition of supplements and a natural treatment plan has proven extremely effective.
If you or a loved one is suffering from a sleep related disorder, contact me for a free consultation so that a personalized natural sleep disorder remedy can be developed to address the ailment.
Copyright 2013 All Rights Reserved - Affirmation - Art Licensed by Shutterstock
This page was last updated: 10/7/2014